Monday 14 April 2008

60th Anniversary Card


My mum asked me to make a card for friends of hers celebrating their 60th Wedding Anniversary. Diamond not being a colour, I was a little stuck for something until my mum said to go with blue. I have been trying out floral punch craft recently, and have been lucky enough to attend a couple of classes given by Jane Gill. She is so talented - and so nice! And a very good teacher. So I used some blue parchment to create some flowers for the card.
The petals are made using a leaf punch, and then a needle tool to create the embossed lines which also cause the petals to curl up. Each flower is made from two layers of 6 petals each, which are stuck to the spokes of a punched out snowflake. The centres of the flowers are made from two layers of a sun shape punched out from white mulberry paper, with little 'diamond' gems in the centres. The leaves were punched from white printer paper and painted green with Twinkling H2Os.
I made the wording using SerifDraw, printed it onto the same cardstock as the main card and cut it out with my nestabilites. I ran a thin line of Diamond Stickles glitter glue around the edge of the circle, and also the edge of the main card, to add a bit more sparkle in keeping with the diamond theme. It does twinkle quite well in real life.
My mum was pleased with the card, but haven't heard yet whether the recipients liked it or not.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, Joanne! Welcome to the blogging world!
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

Super card Joanne, pretty sure the recipients loved it. What I loved were the instructions of how you did it, could virtually see it comming together before my eyes, which is almost as good as a class...thank you!

Jackie said...

Wow! I just found your site and I am really enjoying your beautiful flower work! can you tell me which punch you used for the flower petals and the leaves on this card? I want to try some of these.

Joanne said...

Hi Jackie - I used a Woodware 1" punch called Birch Leaf 821-03 to make the flowers. Here is a link to the manufacturer's web page where the punch is listed http://www.woodware.co.uk/punches-jumbo-craft-punch-821.asp
Would love to see your flowers when you make them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...