Friday 25 April 2008

Fanfare Diamond Flower

I made this card for a swap on a tea bag folding group. The fold to be used for the swap was the Fanfare Diamond Fold designed by Carolyninoz. I used a diamond shaped tile design that I made in Photoshop. The green scallops behind the medallion are wedges cut from a Nestability scalloped circle. The backing card was embossed with Swiss Dots top and bottom, and I used my scoreboard to make the embossed lines in the centre. I don't know the name of the scrolled flower stamp - it was inked with Whisper markers to match the colours in the medallion, and repeated along the centre line. Faux stitching between the embossed lines. Matted onto plain blue card, and the edges of both slightly distressed with the blade of my scissors. The little hello tag was cut with oval Nestability dies, and stamped with a stamp from the Stampendous Flower Chat set. Finished with ribbon, and a brad in the centre of the tea bag medallion.

5 comments:

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

Beautiful!!!! I have recently purchased a cuttlebug and then went embossing folder happy. I JUST got my hands on Swiss Dots... love it! And I also just received a Scor-Pal. Now I have to make cards LOL!

Theresa Momber said...

That is one seriously stunning card. I love it! I have yet to get my hands on Swiss Dots, but I am on a waiting list.

You've been tagged.. check out my blog for details..

Carolyn said...

Another great blog is now in my favourites. Glad you let us know about it Joanne. Nice little tutorial too - thanks

Richelle said...

Beautiful flower!
Richelle

XxJULESxX said...

wow!!!!!!!beautiful!!flowers are my thing so love to look in your blog!!!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...