Tuesday 15 April 2008

Wedding Flowers


Another card with punched flowers! I made this for a niece's wedding. The wedding colours were pink and ivory, so I used those in my card. The ivory card stock and flowers have shown up white in the photos though. I kept the greeting for the inside mainly because I gave up trying to find a way to put it on the front and still have things look how I wanted. In the end I think I prefer the less cluttered look without a sentiment.


The large flower was made with pink vellum in the same way as the flowers in my 60th anniversary card, except I didn't emboss lines on them. Just curled the petals a little.
The medium ivory and pink flowers are made from punched suns and snowflakes, with little tiny punched flower shapes for the very centre. The spikes of little ivory flowers were made from the same tiny punched flower shapes stuck onto narrow strips of green, with the green centres put in using a green watercolour brush marker. The leaves were all punched out of white paper, and coloured green using my watercolour markers again. All given character by curling and scoring to make veins.
The scalloped oval is a nestability die, and the corner punch is an X-Cut one.

I have no idea whether or not they liked it as they are still on their honeymoon!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just gorgeous Joanne!

Unknown said...

Hiya Joanne

this is amazing, absolutely love it. Can I just ask you a quick question please, what is your leaf punch please, its amazing

Hugs

Alex xx

Joanne said...

Hi Alex - thanks for your lovely comment! I used three different leaf punches to make the leaves on this card. They are all Woodware punhces. Two of them are sold under the Leone Em name and are the Rock Fern FPC5-08 and New Ash Family FPC6-04 punches. Both are on the manufacturer's web page here http://www.woodware.co.uk/floral-punchcraft-punches.asp The other leaf is made using the Oak Leaf 821-25. I also used a leaf punch to make the large pink flower Birch Leaf 821-03. These second two punches can be found on this page http://www.woodware.co.uk/punches-jumbo-craft-punch-821.asp
The leaves were all shaped using a needle tool and/or a ball embossing tool after punching.
Hope this helps!

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

OH MY GOSH!! AMazing, AMAZING, AMAZING!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...