Tuesday 13 May 2008

Anniversary Flowers

I made this card for my husband for our anniversary yesterday (24 years).
The image is created using Art Impressions stamps. I began by stamping the watering can, and then stamped another on a piece of scrap paper to cut out and use as a mask. Using a stamp postitioner, I added the leaves and flowers - made up from two different flowers, and three different leaves. Finally used two grass stamps and tiny flowers to create some ground for the can to stand on. All the inking of the stamps was done with water colour markers. After stamping the watering can I carefully used my aqua brush to pull some of the colour off of the stamped image to solour it in. The same technique was used for the blue flowers, and the green between the grass blades. Not sure that this is a bonafide Art Impressions technique - but it works for me! You have to make sure that each layer is dry before stamping the next, and can't use the aqua brush on more than one layer to prevent colours running.
I cut and embossed the edge of the image square with a Nestability die, then lightly chalked the edges with green. The brown card is Bazzill, with lightly distressed edges. The twill tape has been stamped with a Francoise Read (Woodware) Tiny Phrases stamp - looks better in the flesh than the photo has picked up. I used a Colour Box chalk pad to ink the phrase, and didn't press too hard. The tape has taken the stamp really well. I made slots for the tape by punching pairs of tiny holes and joining them up with my craft knife. Where the tape goes through the right hand set of slots, I have used a piece of tape behind to stop them slipping back through. I cut and frayed the ends to length once the card was constructed. Two blue brads to finish to pick up the blue in the flowers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Fantastic card, Joanne! Your main image looks stunning!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Joanne, I love that the name of your blog is Mainly Flowers. Oh, a stamper after my own heart! You have some beautiful projects and cards, using products and tools I haven't seen before. Very interesting and inspiring! Thank you for a very intriguing and pleasant visit!

Theresa Momber said...

What a beautiful card. I love how you did the ribbon and the image is stunning!Congrats on your anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Love it. Am enjoying your site everyday here in sunny St Petersburg, Florida, USA. TFS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...