Wednesday 4 June 2008

No Tools Flower Petal and Leaf Templates

Here are the templates I promised yesterday. I have included all the petal shapes that I have used so far on the No Tools Flowers that I have posted on my blog. (Click on the No Tools Flower label in the list of labels in the right hand column to find them all easily.) I have tested the sheet, and they should print out at the same size as I used for my flowers. To preserve the size you need to click on the picture to enlarge it, and then right click on the enlarged image and save. Obviously you can resize if you want smaller or larger petals.

There are two ways to use them. First print out the sheet onto some white card and cut out your chosen petal shape. If you want to use the template to cut against the crease as in the No Tools Flower tutorial, then carefully cut exactly down the middle lengthwise to give a half shape. Now use it as per the tutorial.

If you want to cut them out more quickly, and without a crease down the centre, then use this method:

Take a strip of paper, a little wider than the length of the petal and draw round the whole petal shape at one end of the paper.
Fold the paper, concertina style, until you have four layers including the one with the petal drawn on it.
Hold all the layers together firmly, whilst you cut around the lines of the drawn shape. Cut just a fraction inside the line, so that there will not be a mark around the edge of the top petal.
Using this method, you will only have to draw and cut three times to get twelve petals. Fairly quick, and quicker than the crease method.

post signature

11 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is amazing, as usual! You ROCK!!!! :0)

Anonymous said...

oh wow - I'm not sure how I found you (blog hopping) but I am glad I did. You are definitely bookmarked forever :)

Jak Heath said...

Thank you Joanne for the tutorial, I've added a card I made from it to my blog.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very much for your generosity in sharing your talents with us.

RubyMay said...

Thanks for your templates joanne. I will be going flower mad now ! I hope they look as good as yours x

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Great tutorial Joanne, thanks :)

Scrap Affair said...

Thank you lesson!!!! So easy, and so beautiful!!!!
And mine turned out not too bad on
the first try!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne, Thank you for the lesson and the petal templates, "can't wait to have a go"
Maz

Marimer said...

Gracias por los tutoriales,me encantan, son realmente increibles.

li-bee-ti said...

Joanne hi,
thank you so much for your tutorials! I've learned a lot.
I'll be doing a lot of flowers now...
and here is a card I made with leaves like you showed.

Anonymous said...

Amazing, you are a terrific artist!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...