Wednesday 7 December 2011

Candy Wrapper Advent Calendar # 9

Punch Art Advent CalendarA little gingerbread man on number nine.

I have seen various gingerbread punch art characters on the internet, but all of them too big for what I wanted, so I designed my own little chap!

I started with a scalloped circle punched out of Soft Suede card.



Punch Art Advent CalendarI attacked the scalloped circle with my Word Window punch. First punching out the bottom scallop, and then punching out on each side of the top scallop - going in a bit further for these two punches.



Punch Art Advent CalendarNext I used my 1 3/8" circle punch to take out three scallops on each side. This creates the body shape with a tab for the head to go on.



Punch Art Advent CalendarI stuck on a 3/4" circle for his head.




I snipped a bow tie shape from a scrap of Real Red card, and added a 1/8" circle in the middle.



Punch Art Advent CalendarFinally I drew in the details using a white gel pen. When the ink was completely dry, I drew in the pupils in with a black marker.

post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pure genius....love how you have made the little gingerbread man....would never have guessed it started life as the scallop punch....loving the little mini how-to guides for each box. Thanks again for sharing so generously.

I am looking forward to seeing them all, and what you create in the New Year.

Francine

Anonymous said...

I am just learning how to make cards. Your blog is full of inspiration. The photos help me a lot as I am a visual learner. Like all your boxes. This is my favourite so far.

Annie said...

This is pure genius!! thanks so much for sharing, and Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how clever!!! I agree with the others PURE GENIUS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...